Monday 30 May 2016

STRENGTHS BASED APPROACH CAN MEET THE CHALLENGES OF MILLENNIALS

11.   Millennials are the youngest workforce born between 1980 and 1996. The millennial generation is now the largest, most ethnically diverse generation in American history……..Daron/The Washington Post.

22. This is with the reference to two articles one in The Washington Post “How badly companies misunderstand millennials” by Niraj Chokshi and second a post in LinkedIn “Working with Millennials? Gallup Says Everything You Think You Know Is Wrong” by Bill Murphy Jr.

33.Here are the seven leadership changes Gallup came up with:
(a)  The change from “my pay check” to “my purpose.”
(b)  The change from “my satisfaction” to “my development.”
(c)  The change from “my boss” to “my coach.”
(d)  The change from “my annual review” to “my ongoing conversations.”
(e)  The shift from “my weaknesses” to “my strengths.”
(f)   The change from “my job” to “my life.”

(g)  They are constantly looking for “something else.”

Adapt to the Changes
14,Initially, for the survival and subsequently to continue performing, entire concept requires change. Adoption of new concept based on Strengths models requires real and genuine transformational leaders. “Millennials want a workplace that helps them progress, but they also want to see their own value,” said Jim Harter, Chief Scientist for work place management and well-being for Gallup’s workplace management practice. “Giving out toys and entitlements is a leadership mistake, and worse, it’s condescending,” Gallup Chairman and Chief executive Jim Clifton writes in the report. “Purpose and development drive this generation”

 5. The illustrations below amply shows the directions the Universities/Educational Institutions and Industries should take to meet the aspirations of the Millennials.




  





No comments:

Post a Comment